This website is home to my classical & fingerstyle guitar arrangements for Public Domain classical repertoire, Contemporary Praise & Worship Songs, Traditional Hymns, and Original Compositions. The primary goal of this site is to further the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I’m Paul Horn (not the flute player), and I’m a classically trained guitarist, composer, and music arranger. I have had the privilege of being taught by Dr. Phil Synder of the Georgia Guitar Quartet, Mary Ackerman who among other achievements has had the honor of being selected to perform in the 1986 Segovia Master Class, and Dr. Daniel Nistico.
Why arrange hymns and worship songs on the guitar?
The guitar is the world’s most popular instrument. Guitars are light weight and portable and have been referred to as the six-string piano. Many arrangements can be played by transposing the music from the piano to the guitar. These guitar arrangements can serve multiple purposes:
- Accompaniments can be played fingerstyle when no piano player is present.
- Hymn arrangements can be played in church as special music or for corporate worship.
- Arrangements can be sung in small group settings.
- Arrangements can be played for personal enjoyment or for family and friends.
- Learning a fingerstyle arrangement grows a guitarist’s skill.
Support My Work
If you enjoy my work or have benefited from it. Please consider buying me a coffee. I like coffee. If not, you can still enjoy the free arrangements on this site. Also, click here to read my testimony.
“A Classical Guitar Journey” is a short documentary of how I arrived at playing the classical guitar.
“The aim and final reason of all music should be none else but the glory of God.” –Johann Sebastian Bach